Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Nail of the Day






Hey there!

It's been a very slow, uneventful day. I've been cooped up inside the house burying myself under blankets and drinking tea to keep warm. Since there wasn't much going on, I decided to paint my nails. I haven't painted my nails in months! With school and work, I just didn't have the time or the patience it takes to let my nails dry and not touch anything.

I dug through my little nail polish collection and decided to use 'Sole Mate' by Essie. It's a gorgeous deep, burgundy color, perfect for the winter! For a top coat I use the Sally Hansen Strengthening Top Coat. As you can see, I'm no nail artist but I think I did an okay job. I'm just glad they didn't get all smudged up. It's kinda odd but I feel good having nicely painted nails after months of not painting them. I'm going to make a habit of doing this more often.

 What's your favorite nail polish for the winter?
post signature

6 comments:

  1. That shade is gorgeous! I'm yet to try an Essie nail polish I think that needs to change!
    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essie nail polishes are pretty nice, their shades are pretty opaque for the most part. I only had to apply two coats which isn't that bad, I probably could have gotten away with just one.

      Thank you for the lovely comment, it's much appreciated! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous shade! Perfect for this time of year! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thank you so much for commenting! For once I'm actually wearing a nail polish color that correlates to the weather. It's not unusual that I'd be wearing neon nails in the winter and dark colors like this in the summer, aha. :)

      Delete
  3. Its such a pretty color ! would you like to follow each other doll :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I'd love to. :) Thank you for the lovely comment. :)

      Delete