Saturday, May 31, 2014

First Internship!

Hello!

I have some very exciting news that I wanted to share with all of you; I just got my first internship! I can't even put into words how ecstatic I am.

As some of you may or may not know, I am a fashion student at Kent State University School of Fashion Design and Merchandising. It is required that you have at least one internship in order to graduate. The more the merrier of course!

I am very fortunate to go to an amazing school with a faculty who really cares about their students succeeding in the real world. I constantly get emails about job openings, internships, etc. A lot of them are too far away from me at the moment but I got an email for an internship at Tre Sorelle Boutique in Little Italy. It's only thirty minutes away from me which is very doable. I sent in my resume right away and the next day the owner of the boutique asked me to meet her on Thursday.

I haven't been to Little Italy in years so it a fun trip to me. The boutique is so lovely; it's a quaint little place filled with lovely articles of clothing, accessories, and home decor accessories that are so beautiful and unique. It's so beautiful inside and out, I wish I would have taken some pictures! The owner gets the items from all over. The boutique has been in operation for three years now.

The owner of the boutique was so incredibly friendly and outgoing. The interview was pretty casual for the most part; she made me feel so comfortable that I was able to have an actual conversation with her. I talked to her about what inspired her to open a boutique, what type of customers shopped there, and my own career dreams.

On Thursday I got the email from her that I was hired for the internship. I am still so surprised and excited! I can't believe I'll be starting my first internship. It's the first little stepping stone of many to following my dreams.

I'll be blogging about my experience and duties while I'm working at this internship. I also have some other posts coming up such as a review and a favorites post.

When I start my internship I'll try to snap a few pictures if I can and share with you all.

Anyways, I'll stop blabbing about this now. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment