Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Urban Decay Electric Palette Review


Hello!

I know I've pretty much said this in every one of my blogs I posted so far, but it's been so long since I posted anything! I'm very sorry about that but since I am out of school for the summer I am settling into a normal routine. It feels nice to be going to bed before the birds start chirping. I am going to try my best to commit to posting more frequently on here.

Anyways, this post is a review on the Electric Palette from Urban Decay. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I purchased this palette around in the beginning of April. I wanted to really give myself time to play around with it before posting a review.

This palette came at a good time for me because I had been wanting to use my Sephora gift card that my two lovely best friends got me for Christmas but I was so stuck on what I wanted to use it on! I was seriously contemplating getting the Naked 3 palette; I swatched it many times when I visited Sephora or Ulta and while the packaging is beautiful and the colors are gorgeous, I just don't know if I wanted another neutral color palette anytime soon. I love my neutrals and I use my Naked palette all the time, but I also love color. When this palette came out I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.

First off, the packaging for this palette is beautiful. I love the vibrant floral motif pattern on the palette, it looks so fun and edgy.



The Electric Palette is made out of plastic but it's very durable. I'm so glad that Urban Decay has seemed to move away from the flimsy cardboard packaging. The palette opens and closes up every easily thankfully. When you flip open the palette there's a nice big mirror. 



The palette has 10 pressed-pigment eyeshadows that are 0.04 oz. and the palette also comes with a dual ended brush. My palette is just pictured without the brush. There are five matte shades and four metallic shades. Eight shades are brand new. All of the eyeshadows are incredibly pigmented, I only need to dip my brush once to get the perfect amount of color on my eye. I love all of the eyeshadows so much, I don't think I can pick a favorite. My only gripe is that revolt does have a lot of fallout, so if you're going to be using this color I definitely recommend doing your eye makeup before doing the rest of your face. 


These are the five colors on the top row from left to right:
Revolt: a bright metallic silver with silver glitter
Gonzo: a bright matte turquoise 
 Slowburn: a bright red-orange matte
Savage: a bright matte hot pink
Fringe: a bright metallic teal



These are the five colors on the bottom row from left to right:
Thrash: A bright lime green matte
Freak: a metallic bright green with flecks of gold
Urban: a bright metallic purple
Jilted: a bright metallic fuchsia
Chaos: a bright matte blue 

As I said before, all of the shadows are incredibly pigmented and they are all velvety smooth. None of them seemed too powdery to me. I personally found them very easy to apply and blend.

The big controversy about this palette is that four of the ten shadows were not approved by the FDA for the immediate eye area and I know that is a big drawback for a lot of people who are thinking about purchasing this palette. But to be completely honest, it's becoming very hard for me to take the FDA seriously when they ban kinder eggs but allow all these disgusting chemicals to be put into our food. That's just my own very personal opinion and you can take it with a grain of salt. I've applied most, if not all of these eyeshadows and have had no problems. The only slight issue I have is that I have to spend a little more time removing my eye makeup at night because some of the colors do stain. 

This palette costs $49 and to me it is very worth the price. If you're not someone who cares for bright colors and lean more towards neutral shades, this palette might not be for you. I personally love both neutral and bright shades. For me, I really don't care - I'll wear a bright eyeshadow in the daytime for no reason at all. Bright funky colors are very wearable to me. If you're someone like me or if you like to reserve bright colors for fun nights out then this is the palette for you.

I am so incredibly happy I bought this palette and added it to my growing collection.

What do you think of the palette? Do you have it? If you're from another country did they place warnings for some of the colors on this palette? 

I hope you all have a wonderful day! :)
 
Look created using Electric Palette

  post signature


2 comments:

  1. I've been hearing a lot about the palette, I LOVE the bright colours in it. Really beautiful colours! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for replying to your comment a little late but I really appreciate it! This palette is amazing; I love the packaging, the quality, and the colors. I think this palette is especially nice for the summer time with all the fun colors in it. :)

      Delete