Thursday, January 8, 2015

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipsticks Review



Hello! 

I would like to start this blog post by wishing you all a Happy New Year, I hope 2015 is off to a great start for everybody! So far I have no complaints except that it's freezing right now. I'm all bundled up and blasting my space heater in hopes that my room will warm up soon. 

Anyways, today I am going to be reviewing Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipsticks. I have been a fan of Jeffree Star for a couple of years now. He seems like such a fun person, his music is catchy, and his makeup is flawless. When I first heard that Jeffree Star was going to be coming out with his own cosmetics line I was so excited to see what products he would come out with. 

On Thanksgiving I was running around like a mad woman when I got the notification that I could finally preorder the lipsticks. I squealed when my package finally came the day before Christmas! I wanted to try out all three of these lipsticks a bit before posting my opinion. I can tell you that I instantly fell in love with these lipsticks. 




First off I adore the packaging of the lipsticks; it's so bright, edgy, and fun. I really want to get something to put my lip products on display such as these rather than stash them away in my makeup drawer. The applicator for this product is wonderful, it's very flexible and makes it easy to apply these fun lipsticks.

So far the lipsticks come in three beautiful colors.

Redrum, 
a beautiful cool toned red lipstick. 
Prom Night, a fun bright pink lipstick.
I'm Royalty, a unique royal purple lipstick.




The lipsticks are very glossy when you first apply them but after a few seconds they turn into a very nice matte formula.

 All three of the lipsticks are incredibly pigmented. One of the issues with matte lipsticks is that they can make your lips feels very dry but my lips didn't feel dry at all when I wore these lipsticks!

The lipsticks are long lasting. I wore these lipsticks multiple times for long hours and I had no issues with the lipsticks feathering or looking cruddy. I was very happy and surprised to see that the product stay put on my lips when I was drinking and eating. That almost never happens! I usually have to retouch my lips at least once during the day but I didn't have to do that at all when I wore these lipsticks.




 The Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks are $18.00 each and the bundle for all three colors is $48.00 but last time I checked the bundle was sold out. I think the price of the lipsticks is worth it for the quality you're getting.

I could not be happier with these lipsticks and I'm looking forward to more colors in the future. Jeffree Star has outdone himself and I can't wait for him to release more products, I think he's definitely going to change the cosmetic industry.

Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this review and have a marvelous day! :) 

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Wow, they're really awesome! You make me want to go out and buy them even though I have no use for lipsticks hahaha. What I love most about his products is that he's said they're not animal tested at all so that's amazing. Hope the new year's good to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention that they're vegan and not animal tested, thanks for the reminder! I'm glad you enjoyed the review. Thanks for reading and commenting! xoxo :)

      Delete