Sunday, March 8, 2015

Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette Review

Hello!

I hope everyone is enjoying March so far. It's finally warmed up a little bit in Cleveland! I've been trying to keep afloat in what appears to be a sea of projects, exams, and homework. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed but I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and keep trudging along. 

For the longest time I've been wanting to build up my collection of neutral matte eyeshadows. I sifted through my drawer and it was filled with fun, bright colored eyeshadows but not very many neutral shades! My collection got just a little bigger last month when I decided to buy the Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette. 

This is one of my first products that I purchased from Tarte and I honestly don't know why I waited so long to try out the brand. I've heard many good things about the brand and I was impressed when I swatched their sample products in Sephora or Ulta but I just never got around to purchasing a product from them until now. I'm very impressed with this palette! 



First off, I'm in love with the packaging. The front of the palette has this purple gradient going on with the brand name in pretty gold script while the back is gold. The back of the palette tracks fingerprints like crazy so I'm glad that Tarte didn't make the whole palette gold. I also like how compact the palette is, it makes it really easy to travel with. 

The palette features 12 beautiful shades. 

Free Spirit, is a slightly yellow cream shade
Caregiver, a very pale pink shade
Super Mom, a soft ivory shade
Force of Nature, a light pinky nude shade
Natural Beauty, a light mauve shade
Wanderer, a light brown shade
Dreamer, a deep warm brown shade
Best Friends, a muted medium plum shade
Power Player, a light taupe shade with gray
Multi-Tasker, a warm chocolate brown shade
Bombshell, a deep plum shade
Fashionista, a rich black shade 

The pictures below feature swatches from the palette. I showed how the shades looked with and without the flash. The first six shades on my hand starting with the upper left side are Free Spirit, Caregiver, Super Mom, Force of Nature, Natural Beauty, and Wanderer. The next six shades on my hand starting from the upper left are Dreamer, Best Friends, Power Player, Multi-Tasker, Bombshell, and Fashionista. 






There are so many different looks you could create with this palette; a smokey eye for a night out or you can just swipe a shade on the lid for a pop of color. The shadows in this palette are so buttery and smooth! All of the colors are very pigmented and rich for the most part. Some of the shadows in this palette such as Super Mom were a bit powdery but most of them applied nicely and were very blendable. I used this palette for a friends wedding last month and I was very happy that they lasted all day, I didn't notice them fading or anything. 

This limited edition palette costs $44 and I think the price is pretty fair considering the quality of this palette. 

This has become my go-to palette when I want to create a look. Overall I'm extremely happy with my first purchase from Tarte and I definitely plan to purchase more products from them in the future.

For those of you who have the palette what do you think about it? Are there any other palettes you are dying to get your hands on let me know! 

I hope everyone has a nice day! 
post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment